Laughing at yourself!


Be yourself, everyone else is taken.- Oscar Wilde
I try to phone Judi and Grass every week to see how the old codger is doing. When I want the real story I talk to Judi. Robin I am pleased to report is still sharp as a tack. He is witty, sarcastic and curses delightfully. As far away as we are in miles we are close in the spirit of our friendship.
Judi told me she appreciates my sense of humour which she needs at a time like this. She sent me this U-tube of a British Potter Keith Brymer Jones who likes to laugh at himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxXvKYzUrq8&sns=em   
It actually makes me think of something Grass would liked to have done. I am reminded of his Power Point presentations that includes “Sympathy for the Devil” and “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”.

My wood fire mentorship group arrive tomorrow to load and fire the big bourry box. It is the last supper as this is the wrap up before our show at the Carnegie Gallery in Feb. We will have our meat fest tomorrow here at The Cactus Lounge after the load. We have a great meal with lots of meat and good drink. The early morning we step up to the kiln and give er hell.  I have surrounded myself with people that make me look a whole lot better than I am. I love that and love them!

Comments

Popular Posts