Mental Floss



I’ve been wondering about my friend Carter. He hasn’t written anything of late. That’s not a good thing. When I don’t make pots my good friends know there is something wrong. Even when I'm up to my ass in alligators I find a way to write something.  I went on line to read  Neil Gaiman’s Mental Floss which contains some tips on writing. How do you clean your brain out to write? Actually I think for me it is the opposite of flossing my brain. I find filling it with more people, more places, more experiences more, more, more gives me more material to work with. My life here if left on it’s own is pretty boring. That’s why I don’t stay at home for long. 
I want 2016 to be full of surprises. You can’t be surprised unless you open the door and go outside. This can be difficult for studio potters as it is solitary work.

Check out this bit of writing - I find his writing inspirational. 
 May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

Neil Gaiman (1960 -)

Comments

Popular Posts