WTF BCCCCC

Well y'all know what WTF stands for. It's now a cyber thing that makes what used to be in pour taste to say somewhat acceptable.
So let me explain the BCCCC. I've been a rogue potter for the past 5 years. A guy without a pottery showroom. Something I had operated for over 30 years.  I am having my open house this weekend.
It seems to me that studio potters are lamenting the old studio tours/sale. It seems to me they are not what they used to be and here is my BCCCC theory. Bad Coffee,  store bought crummy Cookies,  cheap processed Cheese,  stale Crackers  and Cider. Who is going to turn up for that especially if they can visit your showroom most days of the week?
So today I ran around getting some goodies for my open house. I am new here, without too many local friends but I need to start it all up again. So I bought some good craft beer in growlers from Railway City Brewery,  good organic wine,  thinly sliced homemade Italian meat, awesome cheese, crackers of cranberry and fennel, hazelnut and ginger, good olives, local Amish cider, and a friend is bringing a Crock pot of homemade soup. I will make ya a cappuccino.
I don't know how this will turn out but if I am just sitting here alone at least I'll eat and drink well.
If ya can come I'd love to see you. If you see this house of plastic inflatables I'm 2 doors down selling handmade. I love the contrast.

Comments

Vicki Hamilton said…
Ya know I'd be there if I could. Here's to success and the very best results!
May you not eat and drink with you friends and customers because you are too busy selling and wrapping. looking forward to seeing you at NCPC in Asheboro.
Anonymous said…
We're getting in the car now!
Dennis Allen said…
Remember, if you sell it all you can make more.
cori sandler said…
Id come if I could Tony. And I am all for making it a wonderful experience. When I used to have an open house in Toronto, I put out quite the spread, and not only did it feel good, but as you say, I was not selling inflatables and plastic trinkets... It's about the experience.... and the pots of course
Cori Sandler
smartcat said…
A little too far for a day trip, but I would be there otherwise. The food attracts; the pots will keep them. An open house should be a celebration!
P.S. Don't forget the tea drinkers!
Jan in BC said…
Best of luck to you Tony - I always enjoyed our studio tour open house in Hillsdale. Lots of hustle and bustle. And your idea of good food and drink is excellent! Cheers, Jan
Holly G said…
Would love to be there.More notice next time please. I buy pots for myself so non-Christmas times are good too....

Popular Posts