Cussin’, The Lord and Slab Trays



I have the answer to skyrocketing my blog to #1 for 2016. I have found through tracking the posts on my blog that there is an unusually high readership when I mention The Lord, I cuss a bit or I touch on the making of slab trays. Normally a day in my blog world registers somewhere between 250-300 readers per post.  Mention the slab tray and the numbers go past the 4 digit mark. If I were to cuss The Lord can you imagine the response??? I would probably go viral or at the very least be threatened with death by bugga bugga. I get The Lord. I get the cussin’! I am dumb founded by people’s sensitivity to their slab trays. I think it is general insecurity with one’s abilities. The greater the artist the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize. -Robert Hughes

Comments

Ron said…
I agree that in my first 10 years as a potter I was much more fearless than I am now. Well in some ways. I certainly didn't know a lot so I didn't know what would work or wouldn't so I just did it! I operated on the Ignorance is Bliss method for quite a while as I was learning to raw glaze, single fire, and make all sorts of pots.
Now I'm worrying about my damn slabs warping! What a wimp. I also will admit that I have been avoiding making large bowls because of some cracking issues I've been having. Stupid cracking, fracking, clay body problem! "Don't make them and they won't crack"! Stupid logic.

Popular Posts