No man is an island


No man is an island entire of itself: every man
Is a piece of the continent, a part of the main…………
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls: it tolls for thee.


I’m sitting at the airport anxiously anticipating this month that has come upon me so quickly. Perhaps it didn’t come quick enough as my buddy Grass left without me getting to say good bye. I will need a quiet moment in the garden at Chosin Pottery to reflect on the road I have travelled. He did point his finger in the direction my life should follow. A lesser man would have ignored his advice to travel on gravel and would have headed for the freeway. There is no freeway in this bizz unless you have independent means.
I remember sitting with all the whose who of potters at The Rochester Invitational Potter’s Show when Dan Finnegan proclaimed “ that he was the richest man in the room!” I stole that line from Dan and use it all the time. Imagine when the two of us combine our wealth in Star, NC for two months of working together.
The workshop I am doing at The Hub on Vancouver Island is hands on and there are spaces available. If some of you from the mainland are on a waiting list in Vancouver why not come over for intimate workshop of 10 potters. As customary with my workshops a pot luck party breaks out Saturday night so count on full on immersion in clay.

My buddy Grass told me I was one of the best mudslingers he had ever seen in the mud pits so be prepared to have your bell rang.

Comments

Popular Posts