Dreaming of a white Christmas

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas but if I run out of white I'll switch to bourbon. All will be all right on Christmas Day. Got my kids and their kids coming to the Cactus Lounge this weekend and I'm all excited. We're having Christmas Day on the 15th of December at my house so they will be free to do all their family obligations. I'm going to do my best to turn this place into a fun palace. Not what most families will enjoy but it is Grandpa Tonys and it will be different. We're having a Christmas lunch at The Green Frog Tearoom so the kids can eat whatever tickles their fancy. One wants a burger and fries, the other perch and chips, the other a grilled cheese and mushroom soup. Grandpa's got it covered. Saturday night I'm going to make pizzas on my smoker grill and we'll watch corny movies.
This pic from the Tom Wilson show reminded me of my parents rec room where me and my friends spent many hours surrounded by wood paneling, horrid lamps, teak furniture and a black and white TV. Good memories are often built on small moments. My kids remember fondly
Boxing Day at my mum's house eating pizza and watching corny movies. I'm going to try to replicate that!

Comments

Popular Posts