Highway Robbery

The traffic in Toronto is probably amongst the worst in the world. You can gamble on it taking you 3-4 hours to get across the city bumper to bumper, blood pressure rising or you can take the 407 Expressway just north of the city, relax and get across in a little over an hour.
My trip back and forth to 260 Fingers cost me $104 big ones to avoid the stress. This money I am paying is not going to the people of Ontario. No our brilliant Conservative government sold 42% of the highway to a company in Spain for what is believed to be one of the largest privatization deals in history. They have found that Mars is one very large desert with no inhabitants which is proof positive that it was once inhabited by Conservatives.
The people of Ontario just voted in Doug Ford who is a clone of The Big Carrot south of us. Arts funding will take a big cut under this government.
Umberto Eco author of(The Name of the Rose)  wrote:
"Perhaps the mission of those who love humanity is to make people laugh at the truth, to make truth laugh, because the only truth lies in learning to free ourselves from insane passion for the truth".
So here I am trying to laugh at the truth and have truth laugh back at me. The truth is $104 subtracted from a potters wages from a good show is still a good whack of money. I'm having a hard time  laughing at this bill.

Comments

Unknown said…
I did my apprenticeship in agriculture almost 40 years ago, I'm starting to lose hope
Annied01 said…
That is bad! I’m sorry our country seems hellbent
on following trends to the south of us.., hopefully
our health care remains after we are done with
Our politicians emulating theirs 😢

Popular Posts