My new house and studio in Tuscany

On my daily walk I pass by this olive farm that is for sale. The out buildings are all I want and need. I don't want the olive orchard and the huge building that must have been the pressing plant. I just want these two sexy little buildings. One I will live in and the other is my small studio.
The climate is so amazing here. I was walking in a long sleeve t-shirt today and sweating as I got to the top of Heartbreak Hill.
The air is so fresh and clean, the Mediterranean diet so fresh and clean and I think I have even had some impact on the students to leave their work fresh and clean.
News from home shows -20 and that four letter word- SNOW! I have vowed I will never ever again spend a winter in Canada. I don't ski, I don't snowmobile, I don't skate, I don't ice fish, I don't like snow. ..............
The lunch at La Meridiana is so amazing. Today, pasta with sausage, potato pancakes, veal cutlets, salad, wine, espresso and some lovely chocolate cakes.  So dinner in my apartment is really more like lunch at home- some fruit, some cheese, some vegetables and maybe a bit of sliced meat.
Today was grocery shopping day so the students bought a 5 litre box of vin ordinarie for 9 Euros or about $15. I think the wine is cheaper than the bottled water.  Life is good for those that know that life is good.
The main building- olive pressing and apartments

My future home.

The studio

Comments

jackie said…
Tony,


You are a lovesick man and I hope you don't get well.

Cogli l'attimo!!
Elly said…
FYI. My sister-in-law just went to Italy in October and indicated that she went to an olive vineyard where they picked, pressed, bottled the olive oil and solid it the same day. Apparently fresh olive oil is very tasty. I hope that you have such an opportunity amongst the rest of the treasured ones. P.S. If you decide to buy property in Italy, I am sure you would get a lot of visitors!
Anonymous said…
What a great studio building - look at that arch!

All you need is to build a chimney at one end and you can fire in situ!
Annied01 said…
If I win the lottery I’ll buy it and we can share the buildings, I like olive oil!
Almost as much as I like wine and food ...
Anonymous said…
All things are possible under the tuscan sun, choices and risk...
Anonymous said…
Is another best seller on the way, "Stuck in the Tuscan Mud"?

Popular Posts