Articulation!

A friend of mine was making straight sided cups with extruded handles. Ho- hum boring!!! We talked about articulating the form with some precise angle changes to make the form more interesting and yes of course a pulled handle. The difference in the cup is what you would expect- much more interesting and much more professional. With that in mind I set out to make some articulated teapots were I threw them in two pieces. Sectional throwing has the the advantage of articulation without crazy amounts of trimming. What I like about sectional throwing and hence articulated pots is the precise and distinct change in the direction of the form.  I have made these teapots for the next wood firing and big shoulders are a great umbrella for ash to fall and collect on. I also want to do some resist decoration to leave a lot of clay showing so this big surface gives me a canvas to play with.


Comments

Victoria Hamilton said…
Oh my! Love those tpots! I'm in a tpot mode myself at the moment...porcelain slip, angles - learned that from you my dear!
Anonymous said…
wao wao...
love to death the teapot.
I will buy all...
Anonymous said…
oh my god!
Articulations are perfect, and double handles are giving very strong images... not a wimp weak handle.I love your master handle which I will have to copy that..
I will pay minimum $500 for sure..
Tony,please keep making different sizes too, for those who loves your teapots..
Thanks for the leaving a big legacy for us in life..
Tears in my eyes !! sooooo beautiful strong ,confidence, happy mood, you are proud of yourself to show in the world, what you can do. Love you so much....
Anonymous said…
I already have one of your stunning teapots... but these new ones are sooo promising. The shapes are absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see the "after" pictures! (José)
sddonlon said…
Holy cow, Batman!!!! Very sweet! Look forward to seeing all finished!

Popular Posts