Be careful!

Be careful of what you wish for because it can come true. I romanticized a life on the road as a traveling mud slinger. That is the life I now have and 2015 is going to have me living out of a suit case much of the time. Don't get me wrong it is wonderful to see so many places, meet so many great people, share so much conversation, food and drink. Buuuuuuuuuuut it sure plays havoc with your routines. I've been home in my own bed probably 3 nights in January. I got home yesterday and even my yellow chair wasn't talking to me. The chair never even asked how I was or if I had missed it. I was sure to fall asleep in it's arms that evening only to find it was dark in the house and I really couldn't remember where I was or which direction it was to my own bed. Life on the road has you not eating properly and missing your morning run many times. A few years ago I couldn't have imagined even being close to my recommended BMI ( Body Mass Index). In December I was just a few pounds away from it but a month on the road has me back at the battle. Went for my morning run in

a light snow and the fresh air of my little town of Aylmer. Some bills are paid, the fridge has food in it and I'm back in the studio. I  think the yellow chair winked at me this morning. Life is back to normal.

Comments

Dennis Allen said…
No matter where I ramble,
no matter where I roam,
There is no chair that fits my ass,
like the one I have at home.
Annied01 said…
Sometimes we just feel the need to be home and do nothing .... I'm working on a yellow glaze right now if I get it right I shall name it after your chair!
gz said…
We're looking forward to seeing you in Aberystwyth...
GRASS said…
Hi Dr T., Be careful not to overdo things mate.

Popular Posts