Community

A few years ago when firing the Ratagama at Ronnie the Rat's I met Josh Copus. Josh is a force of nature and he gave me this brick. I actually collect bricks and was pleased to add it to my collection.
Community- wow I endorse Josh Copus for President. Community is about bringing people together not dividing them. Community- a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests and goals.
Community- Josh Copus for President.

Brickmaker not artist- hmmm I like that

As I type this Jennie is with Susan Green and my favourite big pot woman Donna Craven are firing off her big wood kiln. It's a measure of friendship. It's a measure of community. It's a big measure of caring for each other. The pottery community is an amazing group of caring, giving and loving people. Donna and Susan are great partners. Jennie has no horse in this race other than the love of her friends.. Give that kiln hell ladies like only you can.
Here is a teapot that my Artist in Residence friend Heather Smit and I made at Starworks. We turned it over to Jennie to put a handle on it. You may not believe this but this is a scary process for all involved. I didn't want to screw up Heather's precision and Jennie didn't want to screw up my raw edge. I'm pleased with the success of this piece. Three friends being a a community and pulling together on our strengths and having trust in each other.  Trust is the foundation of a relationship  whether it be collaboration, a wood firing or leadership.
As I write this I think of my Uncle Jimmie. 5 years in the trenches of WW2. Lance Sargeant Jimmie Clennell- his men would follow him to hell and back because he would be the first one thru the Gates of Hell.  We're so much better united than divided. love bombs sent your way. T
Heather Smit, Jennie Lorette Keatts, and Tony Clennell- Community

Nice little Potter's Tear on the side

Those two blast of ass remind of butt cheeks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bacon Butter Tarts

https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/bacon-butter-tarts/18018/

https://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/great-canadian-cookbook/photos/best-canadian-butter-tart-recipes/#!bacon-butter-tarts

Anonymous said…
Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all! (Romans 12:16).
Anonymous said…
I saw this piece in a handbuilders group I follow on Facebook. I could see your workmanship in it. It was a little like seeing a friend in an unexpected place...small world. Love the teapot and the handle is a work of art in itself.
Anonymous said…
Community, such an important space. People helping people and caring for one another. In this time of Covi, kindness in community is so important. Kindness everywhere not just your community. Too many people being hurt or dying out there. Spread kindness and love.

Popular Posts