Stayin' Alive

Stayin' Alive- Survival Tactics for Visual Artists- by Robin "Grass" Hopper. It's April and my mind goes back to my ole buddy Grass. What would his advice be in this time of quarantine? I know his advice would not be to stop creating and sharing.
In my conversations with Grass I was surprised that "Stayin' Alive" was his least marketable book. People want to make Art but selling Art is beneath us. I don't need to stoop to selling my art work. The world will recognize my genius and beat a path to my door. They will find me even though I've managed to hide myself in my studio.
I did some drawings that I'd like to sell for the price of a cup. The drawings are watercolours and are around 7 x 10. So they are $50 plus postage.
I have two large what I call Voulkos stacks that are 11 x 14 which are $100. These are the pots I want to make.  A few years ago I made some on a smaller scale and called them mallet vases.  I want to go back there.  There is also one large tea bowl for $100. Close ups reveal a crackle paint.
I don't use my blog as a marketing tool to sell my work. It is a marketing tool to be sure but that is not it's intention. So you can't see me blushing.
If there is a drawing you are interested in email me(tony.clennell@gmail.com)
Vazzzzzes

tea bowls

Voulko's stacks
Stach jars
. We can figure out the rest.
Be safe and keep your distance.



Comments

JLK Jewelry said…
They all came out really great.Keep going!
Anonymous said…
Remember your business classes, sex sells.

How about painting some sexpots?

Popular Posts