Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fine dining in The Hammer

The Hammer is being recognized as a city for artists, a city of music and now it is to become the culinary capital of Canada. Yesterday Sheila watched a hawk dining out in our courtyard on a dove. It must have been a Japanese hawk as it ordered it's meat uncooked. The hawks are coming to our town to dine as the fare is well fed and easily available. I think pigeon and dove would be fairly easy to snag in our Town. I will use the feathers for some feather combing I plan to do on my new e-ware.


Sheila said she threw sticks at the hawk to chase him away but he said "Not on your life honey, I'm dining out! Where's the wine list?"

2 comments:

John Post said...

Great pic of that hawk Tony. My son and I were playing catch on the lawn one day when we saw a hawk snag a mourning dove right out of a tree. The feathers just explode like a blown up pillow, those birds have some power.

Tracey Broome said...

I just found some beautiful vulture feathers, but someone left a post on my blog after I talked about taking them and scared the hell out of me regarding our federal laws concerning raptors and the taking of their parts. I waited all night for the feds to come for me and lock me away with the murderers and rapists! Then I put the feathers out in the woods! Who knew, thank goodness for blogging, l wouldn't know any of the laws at all :)
Beautiful hawk!