Dunno?

A couple of hours throwing and we have probably two bisque loads. I dunno how this small kiln is going to work out although Sheila says the decorating is painfully slow. This transition to low fire e-ware has us both in a funk.



My diner cups outta the last firing looked great except the white slip cast e-ware handle I put on them absolutely rejected glaze. Dunno what it was- talc, my glaze , just dunno.  Too disappointing to show y'all. I emailed Grass Hopper and he needs more info. He did say why would one of the best handle pullers in the biz slip cast a handle? You're right, Grass. You have a few years of wisdom on me.  I went out and made some more with pulled handles. I'm a slow learner.

Comments

smartcat said…
Welcome to wonderful world of low fire. It's sort of like the little girl.....when it's good, it's very, very good...... when it's bad..............

You had some great results with your tests. Your clear appears to have avoided the clouding problem.
smartcat said…
P.S. I once had a high talc white body that simply ate glazes at anything above ^04!
Ron said…
I can't wait to see those baskets and jugs finished. I love all the generosity in the pots and handles.
Anonymous said…
Oh Tony! You...slip cast handles!! Put your hand out...I need to slap it. Grass Hopper was right (isn't he always?).

Popular Posts