Monday, May 26, 2014

Lunch with Dan

A cappuccino and some fruit for lunch with Dan. I'm going to use the plate as a dinner plate. I think most would see the addition of the handles as a serving plate but I'd rather use it daily for my grub. Every pot in my house has a story to it. There are hundreds of pots and hence hundreds of stories. I was pleased to see our assistant Cassara buy one of Dan's birds. It says something about the person and the beginning of their collection. I have said often that a potter should surround themselves with pots from potters whose work they enjoy. Using your own pots is like talking to yourself. I got a piece of cherry rubarb pie made in a wood stove by the Amish lady down the road waiting for me. I'm going to pile it up with fake yogurt ice cream and think of the week with Dan.

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

Nourishment comes in many forms, from eye to hand to mouth to soul.