Live life large

Here's what I get for leaving a secure teaching job with a great pension some 35 years ago. Here's to Jumbo the world's largest elephant and prized attraction of P.T. Barnum's travelling circus who met his demise in the town nearest me, St. Thomas, Ontario.
I have lived my life large just the way Jumbo would have wanted me to.
Without a pension it means I need to work. I have chosen to work with some of the best people on earth- a bunch of would be and professional potters.
As I approach this month I thought to myself I'm getting too old for this kinda pace. 4 wood firings in a month, a show (260 Fingers) introductory pottery classes every Sunday. What would I do if I had the money to retire- go to the Spa, have my nails manicured, a massage, maybe a hair weave, sit at McD's with all the other old dudes, maybe I'd hang out at the pool hall or buy a Boler trailer travel and  drive to Austin, Texas and listen to music.  With the exception of hanging out with the old dudes it all sounds rather OK but most likely is not going to happen in this life.
The Champ is cooling after a successful weekend wood firing with The Cactus Lounge Flame Throwers. I should rest but I have wood to prepare for next weekend when The Champ goes in the ring again.  I just finished listening to "The Life You Chose" by Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit. I guess I chose it so I'm going to live it large.
Maggie and me supervising a firing.

The Cactus Lounge Flame Throwers- I love this crew of hard working people.

Supper at the Thai joint in town. Looks like Jen had a revelation.

My Sunday Intro class at The Green Frog Tearoom at Pinecroft. 

Comments

Popular Posts