Getting Loaded



Finally after weeks of temperatures hovering around 30 C we've had some rain and it's cooled down a bit. That means it's time for us to get the wood kiln loaded. We need to send some work to AKAR Gallery in Iowa City for the up coming show of 5 Canucks called "The Northerners". Wood firing is always a bit of a gamble so Sheila is rolling the dice with her boxes. I do love the ones that are a Harlequin design or maybe Art Deco. They are glazed in a white crackle slip and a celedon over top. I hope the kiln is kind.

Comments

Tracey Broome said…
I remember these boxes from the Utilitarian Clay Conference at Arrowmont. They were so wonderful, I just stood looking at them and thinking how'd they do that! and the display there was so great!
ladyofclay said…
Best wishes for a good firing Tony.
I'm sure the gods will bless your work !
I'm headed to Montreal at the end of the month - any suggestions on people and places claywise to see ?
Thanks.
smokieclennell said…
Colleen: Are you driving to Montreal?
I know lots of good potters along the way but unfortunately Quebec potters are a real unknown to me. My regrets on that. Have a great trip.
tc
P.S thanx to Tracey on the boxes. Yeah, she sold all 5 boxes at Arrowmount. Nice to be Bruce Cochrane's selected artist too!
ladyofclay said…
Nooo, not driving, it's 2665.5 km ! Besides, did that back in '79, moving home from Sheridan.

Popular Posts