The Love Affair Continues






I'm still luvin' my new Thomas Stuart wheel. I bought the Randall style bucket for dropping batts into. It's so nice to just pop off the wheel head and drop on the bucket. I also bought the plastic mold for making my own plaster bats for platters. Making plates and platters on a plaster batt is the only sensible way to make them. When you trim you start with a perfectly flat base that is of the same consistency of the rim. I'll give you my calculations for the amount of plaster to water for one large batt.
I used a formula of 725 grams of plaster to 16 oz of water or l lb 7 oz of plaster to 16 oz of water.
To make one platter batt this translated into:
2175 grams of plaster to 48 ounces of water
or
4 lbs 5 oz of plaster to 3 pints(48 ounces) of water.

If you're wondering why the cross over from metric to ounces it's because here in Canada we don't really know if we are metric or not. We buy our pants, shirts and bananas by the inch or pound. We buy our gasoline by the litre. This was just a sneaky conspiracy to have us think that gas at 94.5 cents a litre is cheap. There are 3.8 litres in a US gallon so it is $3.59 a gallon. Now see how we got taken to the cleaners!!!

Comments

Popular Posts