Yuck!


Look longest at the things you don’t think you like for it is from them that you will learn the most. If you only look at things you like you will be looking at yourself and your tastes will never develop. There was a time when I screwed up my face at the sight and taste of a Brussel sprout, a stem of broccoli and yes even a damn fine dram of Single Malt Scotch. What happened? Well it must be that I ventured out of my comfort zone and gave them one more try. As I told you in my previous post I was in a computer funk and took no pictures of the Flower City Potter’s Invitational. On the first night I walked by the pots of John Gill. I thought “Holy shit Batman what is this all about? By Sunday I was picking them up, smiling and investigating some very complex forms and glaze treatments. I laughing asked him to make a cup exchange. My $40 cup for his $400 dollar idea for a cup. He didn’t go for it! Each of his cups offer so much information on form that scaled down would make such interesting domestic ware. Each cup contained an idea or several ideas that would make great cups.! If I had struck gold I would have bought one for my collection. Next year!

Comments

Popular Posts