Bad is good!


I’ve written about this before but I am reminded of my being at The New Orleans Jazz and Blues Festival where I learned that bad is good. I was yucking it up having a beer and listening to music and enjoying the company of a giant of a man and his equally huge wife. Ernie K Doe was about to perform. The large man said “Ernie K Doe is the baddest singer in New Orleans! I said “Is he really bad????” He laughed, slapped his knee and said “Brother, baaaaad is goooood!

If you look at these vases I made even if you don’t like them you must see that the maker must be  pretty good to be that bad. In a recent post by Robert Genn there was an excellent comparison of mastery and spark. Some people just look for mastery of skill and not the energy/spark in the making. As you know I am surrounded in The Cactus Lounge by the pots of my friend Ronnie the Rat. If you look past the amazing imagery you see very casually made pots that have not been fussed over with an emphasis on mastery however they exude energy and spark. I was pleased that a few of you liked the vases. I don’t want to make pots for everyone just a few of you.  Thank you for steering me in the right direction as I often feel yesterday’s anxiety and make what I call easy pots. Thank you to my friend who is an
itch I can't scratch.

I have enough easy pots for my Christmas Sale December 2,3, and 4. Mark it on your calendar if you can make it. I am going to display my production pots in my little outside gallery and I am making some very personal pots to be displayed in the living room of The Cactus Lounge.

Comments

Popular Posts