One flew over the cuckoos nest

I'm not sure if the crack finally caught up to me or I'm finally ready to be committed.   I spent the summer making these bird houses( Petit Maisons)  for the living room. I never tested the waters or the air waves I just made them. Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead.  After I had made a dozen I got nervous about who might actually want to stare at one.  If you hang one in your home and guests don't say a word don't ever invite them back! They are boring people!
 I delivered 5 to Shane Norrie Contemporary http://www.sncgallery.com. Shane and Elizabeth loved them. They aren't hung yet and I got an email saying one had just sold. This is very encouraging. Somebody with a very interesting home has just made it more interesting. I'm almost curious to see inside of the home. My bet is that is eclectic and visually interesting.
For almost all of my clay career I have made things to use. It seems this year I have been making more and more to look at.  Irrational impulses and weird fantasies always lead somewhere on our creative paths.
I must have truly become a senior as my thinking at this point is " That's lovely dear but I have no more room!" That may be true of cupboards and tables but I still have a lot of wall space to fill with art. I'm now moving on to garden art, wall art, furniture,  interesting carpets and textiles, utensils, etc, etc. Fill my life with art not just pots but art of all kinds. It is a fun time being a senior. Knowing what you like and surrounding yourself with what you like. I still crave for great pots and there will probably come a time when they inhabit my bed. I did sleep with a Richard Batterham faceted bowl once. I wrapped it my arms and hoped that it's energy would flow through me. That's why I live alone in this cuckoos nest. I am a truly bona fide cuckoo.
Doctor, Doctor give me the news
I got a bad case of loving' you
No pill's gonna cure my ill
I got a bad case of loving' you- Robert Palmer


I love this collage of houses.

La Petit Maison " Blue Sky"

La Petit Maison "Red House" 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Who wants to be average and normal anyways?

Popular Posts