You're better off with the Blues

It seems for most of my life Labour Day weekend meant going back to school. I would often wander in a day or so ahead just to look at the room and to climatize myself to the return to regular hours and routine.
I poured my second cup of coffee and watched the excited kids waiting with their parents for the bus to take them into school to meet Mr. or Ms. Crabapple(rotten to the core)  in a very bad mood today. I'm better off with the Blues than having to be Mr. Crabapple today. I'm not sure what I would do with the cell phone issue.
Today I drove over to look at the wood piles that I haven't even looked at for 3 months. I've been glad to have had a break from them. The bugs, the heat, the lifting, stacking and splitting.
I sat down this morning knowing I had to make some smallies. Then part way thru I had a genius moment and decided what I wanted to do with some short reclaimed clay so I made a couple of plates. It will be interesting to see if the rim holds up in the firing.
How tempted I am to put some kind of handle on- I am showing restraint.

I may have to prop the rim with wadding.

I don't know how people make the same thing day in and day out. Looking at these first reclaim plates I am now seeing lots of aggregate wedged into the clay. Alabama black sand, turkey grit, feldspar chunks, broken bits of firebrick, saw dust. Oh it's so much better being at home this first day back at school.
Smallies

Alabama grit dishes.


Comments

Popular Posts