You've changed!!!


In Alice in Wonderland, Alice meets a talking caterpillar sitting on a tall mushroom smoking a hookah . He says "Who are you?". Alice replies something to the effect- I knew who I was this morning but since then I've shrunk and grown the size of a giant.
Yes, I have!

Well Alice, I must be in this drug induced wonderland too because I went to bed knowing exactly what I what I was going to make during the day. I was going to make some smaller stacking plates for under those 6" posts in the wood kiln.
Then I thought maybe I'd start the bottoms of some rather large bacon bowls. I can't say they are mortgage burners but they are still a challenge for me to make and that is what I felt like doing today.
"This is not the moment to wilt into the underbrush of your insecurities. You've earned the right to grow- Cheryl Strayed. 
To be on the safe side I threw 3 -16 lb wall platters. I wonder who I will wake up as tomorrow and will I be  ready to make some marks on those pristine clay canvases? These are paintings that you actually get to take down off the wall and use for a special dinner. 
What will the morning bring? Who will I be?

I remember saying to Ronnie the Rat "You should put a lug or some holes in the backs of plates so people can hang them on the wall. Ron answered " Why would someone hang them on the wall when they can use them?" I'm guilty as charged. 



Comments

Anonymous said…
Looked for your book at the public library today, they don't have a copy to borrow :(
Anonymous said…
Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?”

The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know,” Alice answered.

“Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?”

Popular Posts