Sweet little ride





I have never once gone to school or come from home from school without seeing the flashing lights of a cruiser. There are cops in the tree tops of this town. I heard there were more cops in Utah than there are people living in Wyoming. If you have a glass or two of wine ya ride yer bike home. Even then you can be charged but I think the officer would have to be in one hellava bad mood. Stu in my class just bought one of the new retro Chinese scooters for $1900. Sweet little ride and it gets almost 100 miles to the gallon. I think it a very sensible mode of transportation around this town.
I had a bad dream about all those hard slab constructions of mine coming apart in the wood kiln so this morning I went and made two conceptual teapots using the soft slab construction method. I cut the template shape out of roofing tar paper and once the slab stiffens up so slightly I can pick it up with the tar paper and paper holds it up while I attach the seams. I'll shoot over to the gallery this aft and take a pic of the Betty Woodman pieces that inspired these kinds of pots.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow! those tea pots are kinda girly.... It must be Sunshine's studio rubbing off on you. -TD and BF

Popular Posts