Reinventing Yourself

Doc and I went to visit the old Red Wing Pottery Factory in Red Wing, Minnesota. It was interesting for  me to see the evolution of the pottery which seemed to follow the same down ward spiral of my beloved Medalta Pottery in my hometown of Medicine Hat, Alberta. The beginning shows the big crocks needed for storage. Pots for needs not for wants.  Once there was refrigeration and glass ware the potteries tried their hand at decorative ware and then dinnerware. Many people overlook the old dinnerware as a source of inspiration. Sometimes if you look past the surface decoration and look at the forms there are seeds of great reference for your own work. I was inspired by these handles and the knob cut on an angle.  Sometimes it is just an idea that you can take home to your own work.

Comments

Popular Posts