The Twelfth Night

If music be the food of love, play on.
I love the catalogue for the upcoming Northern Clay Center's American Pottery Festival.
Each artist in the catalogue is asked for their 5 songs. I love the association of music and the artist who makes the work. I think it says a lot about the maker. Great photography, too! Nicely done!
My friend Ronnie the Rat is a presenter there and he was asked to name 5 songs that were important to him.
We were at his cottage trying to help him with some suitable songs.
Here is the one's I remember. We did have a bottle of Woodford Reserve at the picnic table.
His choices:
I did it my way- Frank Sinatra
One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer- John Lee Hooker
The Gambler- Kenny Rogers-
Hallelujah - KD Lang
I can't remember the other choice.
Songs sometimes are memories of a time- happy or sad. Sometimes they have meaning to what is happening in  your life and you think the song was written just for you.
Here are my five for different reasons.
Up Where We Belong- Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warrens- I had a big wood kiln that always made me struggle. I would play this for the kiln when I lit the kindling in the morning.
Smokestack Lightning- Howlin' Wolf- memories of my youth and my introduction to the Blues
Sam Stone- John Prine- when I first became aware of protest.
The Cape- Guy Clark- this song makes me cry. I think he wrote it for me.
Living in a White Man's World- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit- because we should all care so much about racial and gender equality especially now.



Write yours out. It is a nice trip down memory lane.




Comments

Popular Posts