Food Alley






Food Alley
Food alley is where the people eat. You can eat, buy fruit, veggies , beer, cold drinks, shoot pool, play cards and get run over by a motorcycle. This is an alley of activity. Dishes being washed, fresh fish for your dinner are swimming in pails, the woks are flaming. Tonight we had BBQ and we had no idea of how to order. A friendly young woman came to our rescue and wrote our order out for us. We ordered way toooooooo much food and there is no such thing as take out. We had these delicous spring rolls of a thin tofu slice with a plum sauce and lettuce and cumber. I am now venturing into the washed veggies since I figure the bowls I’m eating out of were washed out in the street so my stomach must have built up some kind of tolerance. The chopsticks we use each day are washed in boiling hot water and I still brush my teeth with bottled water . I forgot my camera but I would like to have shown you our table after dinner. All the meat seems to have a bone attached and you put the bones on the table. Our table was covered in bones, peanut shells, sunflower shells, bottle caps and pieces of skin and fat that we didn’t want to eat. Every table in the joint looks like a compost pile. BBQ for 3,3 beers, rice is free and the bill was 50 yuan or $6.50.
I no longer carry a wallet and try not to have 100 Yuan notes. 100 Yuan is $13 and it is very hard to get cashed. People think you’re rich if you flash 100 Yuan notes.

Comments

Popular Posts