Taking the Macho Outta of Bigware






I thought Tony made big pots and then they had to go see what the Chinese can do. Here I am staring up at a pot over 20 feet tall. This pot would be as tall as our two storey house. I'm wondering how and where I would attach the handles. There are a couple of bowls that would make great hot tubs or small swimming pools. Young Danny Crump is in awe! I like this picture of a bowl that fills the entire back of a small pick up truck. The sprayer uses this tiny wee container and disposable dust mask. Nice glaze spraying booth! Notice how the tops of the vases are thrown seperately and glazed on to the piece later.

Comments

Ive said…
Hi Tony, I enjoy reading your blog with my morning coffee, it's fascinating, can't believe how tall those vases are. Iben Vedel, Ottawa.
Greg McRitchie said…
Great pics Tony. I would be interested to know about the method of joining the sections and at what stage? Some of the green looking vases seemed to have the necks separated. Are they glazed on? I noticed you refered to yourself in the third person; We are very amused. ;)

Greg-s
L. P. Skeen said…
Tony, what do they DO with these giant pots?

Reading your blog with interest...

Lisa

Popular Posts