Ahar me matie!




Ice wine is a type of dessert wine produced from grapes that have been frozen while still on the vine. The sugars and other dissolved solids do not freeze, but the water does, resulting in a smaller amount of more concentrated, very sweet wine. By law here in Ontario the grapes can't be harvested until the temperature drops to below -17F which is cold enuff to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. The brass monkey expression is apparently a reference to cannon balls falling off the cradle that holds them which was called a monkey. When it got cold as in -17F the balls would fall off. So there! You don't have to worry about cruelty to animals.
I do love tales of cannonballs, peg legs, eye patches and skull and cross bones.

Comments

FetishGhost said…
Aye... Thanks for a bit o' me egumacation mate!
Anonymous said…
Ohhhhh good! the Germans love the sweet wine, also, as was once explained to me by a German friend, that's all I got today!

Popular Posts